Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 8, 2014

Hanukkah and A Non-Religious Family

When my son asked me if we could celebrate Hanukkah, I was surprised. My initial response was "No. We aren't Jewish". That got me thinking. We aren't Christian either and I just got finished bringing in the Christmas decorations, a task that I started last week. To be honest, I don't remember the first thing about Hanukkah. Yea, sure, we learned about it in school. But to be honest,  I just had to check the spelling on my calendar. So really, what could it hurt? I think it could actually prove to be beneficial. We get to try something new, and the kids and I can learn about different cultures while we're at it. I'm already looking up traditions and recipes. I can't wait to try this really easy Beef Brisket I found on allrecipes.com. Here is a link to it! Simply the Easiest Beef Brisket So, just in case anyone is wondering what I'm going to be up to this week... well, my non-religious family and I are going to be celebrating Hanukkah.

No comments:

Post a Comment